Straight From The Oven-Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
I am really enjoying the posts on toughcookiemommy.com. Please check out her blog! She has even more photos for making this bread on her post.
LEMON ALMOND POPPY SEED BREAD
Makes 1 loaf of bread
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Bake Time: 55 minutes
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons of poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon of table salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- ½ cup olive or canola oil
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- Zest from one fresh lemon
- Juice from one fresh lemon
- 1/3 Cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon of almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit making sure the rack is in the lower middle position. Grease one regular sized loaf pan and put to the side.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until all of these ingredients are well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice as well as both extracts until well blended together.
- Add moist ingredients to the dry, folding together with spatula until just blended. Be careful to not mix the ingredients too much.
- Pour batter into prepped loaf pan. Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with no batter residue.
- To make the glaze, combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until all are blended together well.
- Spread glaze all over warm bread top. Allow the bread to cool before serving.
I am just as concerned with social change, the environment, protecting animals, and so much more. I think that if I write about great information, then you will contact me if you want to do business together! Sally